Product Design Engineer – Improve and Invent
Brooklyn Park MN 55428 USA
We are Air Quality Engineering, Inc. a 40+ year manufacturer of a wide variety of air cleaners and air filtration systems for industrial and commercial applications. Our products help manufactures, restaurants and other organizations ensure clean, breathable air for their employees and customers. Designed and fabricated in our Brooklyn Park, Minnesota facility, we take pride in the quality and reliability of our products and our commitment to providing our customers with the best product solutions.
We seek an experienced Product Design Engineer for a position that will focus on new designs and modifications to Industrial and Commercial Kitchen exhaust products. The foundation of this position is machine design with an emphasis on developing new solutions and internal project management. The mechanical engineer we seek is interested in joining an established but nimble team in a role that combines product design and product development.
Job specifics include:
- Create filtration equipment and accessory 3D models and drawings using AutoDesk Inventor
- Strategically design products which optimize air flow and filtration efficiency
- Collaborate with vendors and internal resources to design electrical controls
- Generate product designs that are aesthetically appealing and efficient to produce
- Assist in identifying sources for production parts
- Create product verification testing plans and direct or complete product testing
- Manage ECRs, document ECOs while managing part numbers and revisions in ERP system
- Update or create product documentation
- Redesign equipment with a focus on Design for Manufacturability and Value Engineering
- Identify new technologies for integration into new and existing products
- Partner with senior leadership and sales team to identify, explore and develop new product solutions to address market needs and customer issues
- Utilize project management methodology and tools to develop, create and track project progress
- Provide project updates to executive team
Qualified candidates will have a BSME or highly related degree and 2 - 10+ years of experience in mechanical engineering / product design. Highly qualified candidates will have designed electro mechanical machines and sheet metal components/products. 3D design/drafting/modeling skills (SolidWorks, Pro/E – PTC Creo or Autodesk Inventor) along with intermediate MS Office Word and Excel skills, required.
Air Quality Engineering, Inc. offers a customer-focused, respectful work environment with teamwork as a core value. This position offers a competitive base salary along with benefits that include health insurance, PTO, paid holidays, 401K and Profit Sharing.
For more information about our firm, visit our website: www.air-quality-eng.com. To Apply: please forward your resume to our hiring resource, Red Seat: email@example.com Red Seat is not a recruiter or employment agency but a contract HR company assisting us in the hiring process. For more information, call Red Seat direct at (612)-405-2574. We will confirm receipt of your resume within two business days.