Interior Designer / Architectural Products - Join a top Twin Cities Workplace
Plymouth MN 55441 USA
Intereum, located in Plymouth, is Minnesota's sole certified Herman Miller dealer and a top distributor of Maars movable walls. We deliver environments that inspire work, learning and healing by designing, furnishing and equipping interior spaces to businesses. What sets us apart is our awesome and hard-working team, who are dedicated to providing best-in-class service in our industry. For the second year in a row, we were voted by our employees to Star Tribune's Top Workplaces.
We seek an experienced interior designer or architect to join our movable wall team. This highly detailed and fast paced position is an excellent opportunity for a designer who excels in communication, attention to detail and complexity in a dynamic environment. Day to day our designers work with our sales team, clients and construction professionals to develop creative design solutions, generate proposals, construction drawings and detailed floor plans and product specifications. Specific duties include:
- Work with clients and sales team to define project goals and objectives
- Gather project scope of work, schedule, accurate site dimensions and budget
- Stay current with modular wall and millwork products, commercial interior design solutions and trends
- Present creative design solutions to clients
- Produce modular wall 2D and 3D drawings and renderings accurate to site and building details
- Collaborate with clients, architects, general contractors and internal team members, staying involved from project inception through constructions
- Prepare installation documents
- Review and ensure all specifications and plans are accurate for order entry
- Maintain accurate project documentation and timesheets
- Assist in final project walk thru / punch list
Qualified candidates are experienced with interior design, wall drawings and floor plans. Experience preparing shop/construction drawings, working with general contractors and knowledge of modular wall products is highly desired. A degree in Interior Design or Architecture and intermediate to advanced skills with AutoCAD is required. Our highly productive team of designers share company core values that include: Positive Can-Do Attitude, Quality Driven Throughout, Do the Right Thing, Continuous Improvement, Responsive and Plays Well with Others. This collaborative position combines technical design with internal and external client management, requiring polished communication skills in managing expectations.
Intereum offers an employee-focused workplace, hosting monthly all-employee get-togethers and quarterly outings. Our philosophy toward continuous improvement and an engaged leadership style that encourages creativity and empowerment, make an enviable environment poised for continued growth. We offer a competitive industry salary and full benefits. Interested applicants please forward your resume to our hiring resource, Red Seat. Red Seat is not a recruiter or employment agency but a contract HR company assisting us in the hiring process. Forward resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more info, call Red Seat direct at (612)-405-2574. We will confirm receipt of your resume within two business days.