Bloomington MN 55420 USA
Sunburst Chemicals, located in Bloomington, MN, is an industry leading manufacturer of cleaning and sanitation chemicals, specializing in green cleaning solutions with industry-leading solid detergent systems. For over 85 years, Sunburst has been a family owned and operated business. Building on our solid history, we are focused on growth. We seek an experienced Database / Systems Administrator for a diverse role that focuses on technology upgrades and migration, database administration and coordination of IT support providers and needs throughout the organization.
Our new Database / Systems Administrator will dive right into leading a SharePoint migration with an outside vendor. This role will also take ownership of evaluating database relationships and architecture to ensure data integrity and reduce redundancies between our operating systems (Sage ERP, Sage CRM and Vektr/QAS). Ongoing, our Database / Systems Administrator is the point person for ensuring our systems are optimized while evaluating, recommending and coordinating new technology solutions.
Position responsibilities include:
- Identify requirements and evaluate database relationships between systems, reducing redundancies and ensuring data integrity throughout the system
- Recommend and implement solutions for database structure and functional capabilities, backup and recovery
- Develop and implement complex query and report solutions
- Manage IT projects with outside vendors
- Prepare and maintain project documentation such as requirement definitions and technical specifications
- Identify, manage, and devise contingencies for potential crises and changes in project scope
IT Systems Development
- Create system design and functional specifications for new development projects
- Facilitate resolving IT issues by serving as liaison between business units and vendors
- Troubleshoot and identify application resolutions
- Train users on best practices
- Conduct IT related RFQ process for managed services and IT solutions
- Lead IT project steering committee
Qualified candidates will have a Computer Science degree and 5 to 7+ years of related experience as a Systems Administrator, Database Administrator or Solutions Architect. We require thorough knowledge and experience in database design & architecture along with proven skills managing technology implementations and migration. We seek high proficiency with writing and tuning queries using PL/SQL and prefer MCSA SQL Server Certification, or equivalent experience. Highly qualified applicants will have excellent technical skills, a knack for managing projects and an interest in being the IT point person for an efficient and productive team.
Sunburst Chemicals offers the opportunity to join a thriving and innovative industry leader. We offer a competitive compensation package, including a 401K program, healthcare benefits and profit sharing. Our office is a casual-dress work environment, with a culture that stresses independent motivation, dedication and a team atmosphere.
For more information about our firm, visit our website: www.sunburstchemicals.com. To Apply: please forward your resume to our hiring resource, Red Seat: IT@redseat.com Red Seat is not a recruiter or employment agency but a contract HR company assisting us in the hiring process. For more information, call Red Seat direct at (612) 405-2574. We will confirm receipt of your resume within two business days.