Linders Specialty Company located in St. Paul is a leading provider of roll bending and custom metal fabrication serving a variety of industries. Linders provides its customers with a total solution from concept to finished product, and we are known for our high quality custom metal fabrication craftsmanship. We seek a highly motivated individual interested in an opportunity to increase his or her role in an expanding organization. Our Production Manager provides hands-on management to a skilled team of 12 individuals and leads and manages ongoing Continuous Improvement, Quality and Safety Initiatives. Essential Duties include:
- Manage all aspects of the metal fabrication shop to ensure efficient and effective work performance
- Interview, train and evaluate shop personnel
- Develop production and employee schedules to ensure timely completion of production
- Delegate tasks and hold personnel accountable
- Visualize & communicate the solutions to production personnel and create an action plan
- Train personnel on required operations, providing guidance and direction as needed
- Develop and drive continuous improvement activities in scrap reduction, machine utilization and labor costs, utilizing methods such as 5s methods and Kaizen events
- Develop, manage and ensure high quality standards
- Ensure that safety standards are followed at all times
- Implement and maintain preventative maintenance measurements and systems
- Collaborates with Estimators to review specifications and manufacturability
- Communicates production issues
- Ensures all machinery and tooling in the shop are maintained and in full operating condition
- Monitors shipping schedule and alerts appropriate parties if a problem occurs
Skills & Competencies:
We seek an experienced Production Supervisor, Shop Supervisor or Production Manager interested in utilizing a broad range of skill sets that include team management and implementation and management of initiatives in the areas of Continuous Improvement, Quality and Safety. Experience with metal fabrication, welding and/or roll bending, desired. Strong leadership abilities, detail orientation, a passion for timeliness and excellence, and the ability to communicate to all levels in an organization along with intermediate skill in Excel, MS Office and ERP/MRP reporting, required.
Linders offers a value-driven, professionally run environment and proven success. This position offers a competitive salary along with benefits that include health insurance, PTO, paid holidays, 401K and Profit Sharing and half day on Fridays year round.
For more information about our firm, visit our website: www.lscmetalfab.com. To Apply: please forward your resume to our hiring resource, Red Seat: email@example.com Red Seat is not a recruiter or employment agency but a contract HR company assisting us in the hiring process. For more information, call Red Seat direct at (612)-405-2574. We will confirm receipt of your resume within two business days.
Linders Specialty Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.