Nolan Real Estate Interests, LLC is an established developer & builder of commercial real estate properties with a 125+ year history and strong reputation. We are known for maintaining the highest standards and quality developments in the commercial real estate industry, primarily high-end state-of-the-art self-storage properties. We seek a Construction Manager for a multi-faceted, fast paced and dynamic position based in Detroit, Michigan and surrounding metropolitan areas. Our onsite Construction Manager position has bottom-line responsibility for timely, on budget and successful completion of ground-up masonry, concrete and steel building construction of multiple multi-story facilities with enhanced architectural and climate control elements.
· Creates cost estimates and project budgets
· Coordinates project details, design, & construction vendors
· Coordinates and maintains pre-project documentation
· Identifies, researches, and presents finish & equipment options for approval by creating and maintaining master lists of finish materials & requirements
· Develops, creates and maintains construction schedule
· Requests, evaluates, prepares & reviews and executes subcontractor contracts
· Provides on-site management of construction activities for multiple projects
· Schedules and Coordinates subcontractors
· Maintains project documentation to include submittals, RFP’s, and change logs
· Inspects work to maintain conformance with contract documents and owner expectations
· Ensures compliance with codes/city requirements
· Maintains master schedule
Post Construction Phase
· Creates closeout QC/QA punch list and oversees their completion
· Assembles closeout documentation to include warranties, O & M manuals, and training of operations staff
· Manages trades permitting documentation.
Qualified applicants will have a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, or related degree and 7+ years’ general contractor / construction project management or engineer experience. We seek a proven leader with demonstrated success and with hands-on, on-site experience managing commercial projects from site excavation to completion. Intermediate skills with MS Office including Excel, required. Candidates with experience working closely with engineering/architects on project scope, structural elements and cost, highly desired.
We offer a highly competitive compensation plan, full benefits, and a thriving environment with a talented team and great projects. Based in Detroit, MI, this position will involve occasional travel.
For more information about our firm, visit our EZ Storage website: www.ezmini.com To Apply: please forward your resume to our hiring resource, Red Seat: constructionMI@redseat.com. Red Seat is not a recruiter or employment agency but a contract HR company assisting us in the hiring process. For more info, call Red Seat direct at (612)-405-2574. We will confirm receipt of your resume within two business days.