Brooklyn Park MN 55428 USA
We are Air Quality Engineering, Inc. a 40+ year manufacturer of a wide variety of air cleaners and air filtration systems for industrial and commercial applications. Our products help manufactures, restaurants and other organizations ensure clean, breathable air for their employees and customers. Designed and fabricated in our Brooklyn Park, Minnesota facility, we take pride in the quality and reliability of our products and providing our customers with the best product solutions.
We seek an experienced Buyer for a fast-paced and detailed position that will support our manufacturing, assembly and engineering teams in the procurement of quality products for our organization.
Job specifics include:
- Review ERP inventory and purchase reports, placing and confirming orders for requisitioned items & services
- Track purchase orders and solve order and shipping issues in an efficient and timely manner
- Create and maintain necessary files, records and reports
- Collaborate with department managers to source items, clarify purchase requisitions, identify departmental needs, and refine specifications for future purchase orders
- Investigate and cultivate new sources for supplies and products
- Identify and select vendors and suppliers using criteria such as quantity and quality of commodities, price, and delivery date
- Build supplier relationships, negotiate pricing and increase value-add from current suppliers
- Research, prepare, and issue bid specifications/bid requests
- Secure product samples, photos, and descriptions for departments
- Update on-hand inventory, calculate safety stock levels, and ensure that inventory is kept at appropriate levels
- Participate in weekly inventory cycle count
- Optimize the purchasing process making full use of ERP system capabilities
Qualified candidates will have 3+ years’ experience purchasing or buying in a manufacturing environment. A related Bachelor or Associates degree and APICS certification such as CSCP, CPIM are desired, but not required. Highly qualified candidates will have intermediate skills with ERP and MS Office (Word & Excel). We seek a motivated candidate interested in growing their career with an innovative and engaged employer. This position requires a detail oriented individual with excellent organizational, communication and negotiation skills.
Air Quality Engineering, Inc. offers a customer-focused, respectful work environment with teamwork as a core value. This position offers a competitive salary along with benefits that include health insurance, PTO, paid holidays, 401K and Profit Sharing.
For more information about our firm, visit our website: www.air-quality-eng.com. To Apply: please forward your resume to our hiring resource, Red Seat: email@example.com Red Seat is not a recruiter or employment agency but a contract HR company assisting us in the hiring process. For more information, call Red Seat direct at (612)-405-2574. We will confirm receipt of your resume within two business days.
Air Quality Engineering is an equal opportunity employer.