Chief Operating Officer – Dynamic Non-profit making health care coverage possible for all
Minneapolis, MN 55104 USA
Established in 1995, Portico Healthnet is a leader in culturally competent health coverage outreach and enrollment; health literacy; and health system navigation services. Our mission is to reduce the number of people without coverage for health care services, and our multi-lingual staff helps thousands of uninsured individuals and families in Minnesota access affordable health coverage and care each year. We seek a Chief Operating Officer to build and implement infrastructure for, and lead the operations, of our essential programs. See https://porticohealthnet.org/ for more information on our organization.
COO Responsibilities include:
· Develop annual goals, operational work plan and budgets
· Manage staff, day-to-day operations, and operational budget to ensure that organizational goals are met
· Participate in driving overall company strategy as a member of the Senior Management Team.
· Track budget, financial planning, metrics and goals and provide reporting to management team and the Board of Directors
· Negotiate, manage, and track contracts such as office lease, technology, communication
· Ensure client and employee files meet compliance and data security requirements
· Provide leadership in development of inter-team communications and cohesiveness, sustaining culture and supporting staff during busy times
· Ensure that key project outcomes, policies, advocacy, and legislation are evaluated and leveraged for maximum community and organizational impact
· Collaborate with the program management team to develop systems and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of data
· Provide staff support to Board of Directors
· Attract, develop, coach, and retain high-performing team members
· Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach
· Work with staff to develop systems to ensure consistent, high-quality program delivery and client satisfaction systems
· Identify, create, measure and track service delivery metrics
Our COO qualifications include a strategic, financially astute and process-minded operations leader with 8+ years’ experience creating and implementing foundational operational systems, processes and metrics. A background in and leading and supporting a management team to drive results in a non-profit, healthcare, health insurance, or related organization is highly desired. Candidates should possess deep intercultural understanding having led culturally diverse teams and worked with a diverse base of clientele faced with linguistic, cultural or socioeconomic barriers. A bachelor’s degree in health care, business, nonprofit administration, or related field is required, and an advanced degree is desired. Strong planning, management, administrative, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills are required, as are intermediate skills in MS Office.
We offer a highly competitive compensation plan, full benefits, and a thriving client-focused and growth - forward environment. Interested applicants, please forward your resume to our hiring resource, Red Seat. Red Seat is a retained HR company assisting us in the hiring process. Forward resumes to: COO@redseat.com. For more info, call Red Seat direct at (612)-405-2574. We will confirm receipt of your resume within two business days.
Portico Healthnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer