Route Service Technician - North Carolina Location
Sunburst Chemicals is an industry leading manufacturer of cleaning and sanitation chemicals, specializing in solid detergent systems. Customer applications include institutional laundry, food service, housekeeping/janitorial and various industrial applications. For over 90 years, Sunburst has been a family owned and operated business with a passion for helping customers succeed by bringing value to them through innovative solutions.
Are you mechanically inclined and interested in a career opportunity with a growing company? This North Carolina based Route Service Technician at Sunburst Chemicals installs equipment, sells detergents and supplies, and provides troubleshooting and repair to a broad client base. Expected overnight travel for this position is up to 30%. Sunburst Chemicals provides a company car, gas card and logo uniform.
- Service and sell products and systems to customers on your route
- Provide counsel to customers regarding products, equipment and systems
- Complete required computer-based reporting
- Perform regularly scheduled maintenance for Sunburst dispensers and related equipment
- Provide emergency service when required (this includes after hours and weekends)
- Troubleshoot problems not related to Sunburst equipment and make resolution recommendations
- Prepare for and install new dispenser systems and product upgrades
- Assist in building prototypes and special request dispensers
- Answer technical support calls regarding products, dispensers, installations and applications
- Provide feedback on new product field tests
- Assist with field communications, technical bulletins and other pertinent technical information
Qualified applicants have 1 to 7+ years’ experience in equipment repair or installation, preferably in a field service or route service role. Laundry, Restaurant, Foodservice or service industry experience, preferred. A valid driver’s license free of major/multiple infractions, required. We seek candidates who are self-motivated and have excellent technical, time management, communication and organizational skills. Sunburst Chemicals conducts background checks at the time of hire and employees are required to pass Federal background checks to complete service in Federal prisons.
Sunburst Chemicals offers a competitive compensation package, including a 401K program, healthcare benefits and profit sharing. Our office is casual-dress work environment, with a culture that stresses independent motivation, dedication and a team atmosphere.
For more information about our firm, visit our website: www.sunburstchemicals.com. To Apply: please forward your resume to our hiring resource, Red Seat: firstname.lastname@example.org. Red Seat is not a recruiter or employment agency but a contract HR company assisting us in the hiring process. For more information, call Red Seat direct at (612)-405-2574. We will confirm receipt of your resume within two business days.
Sunburst Chemicals is an Equal Opportunity Employer