Territory Sales and Service – Career Growth Oppty
Sunburst Chemicals is a leading manufacturer of cleaning and sanitation chemicals specializing in providing hospitality, grocery, health care and related customers green cleaning solutions with industry-leading solid detergent systems. Our products are sold and serviced direct to end-user companies and through an established and growing wholesale dealer network. For over 85 years, Sunburst has been a family owned and operated business and has enjoyed substantial growth nationally and internationally.
This Baltimore, Maryland area-based sales position will travel throughout the MD, NJ and northern VA region offering sales leadership to distributors, selling direct to targeted customers in the market, and providing service and installation to key clients. Responsibilities include:
Sales Growth Objectives
- Develop strategic sales plans for distributor and direct sales designed to successfully achieve individual and corporate sales objectives and key initiatives
- Conduct quarterly business plan review meetings with wholesale channel distributors and mutually define strategies to meet sales objectives
- Develop and maintain sales forecasts, reports and sales pipeline
- Meet sales quotas by actively prospecting and closing new business with a focus on Regional and National multi-unit accounts, and key distributor partnerships
- Promote and present marketing programs and direct and monitor new account trials
Field Service & Technical Support
- Provide technical field service support as required
- Perform regularly scheduled maintenance for Sunburst dispensers and related equipment
- Provide emergency service when required (this includes after hours and weekends)
- Troubleshoot problems not related to Sunburst equipment and make resolution recommendations
- Prepare for and install new dispenser systems and product upgrades
- Answer technical support calls regarding products, dispensers, installations and applications
Highly qualified applicants will have 1- 5+ years’ sales and/or service experience selling, servicing or installing electro/mechanical equipment. We seek candidates who are self-motivated and have excellent technical, time management, communication and organizational skills along with interest in growing their sales career. A Technical or Bachelor Degree is preferred, but not required. Successful sales team members demonstrate strong leadership aptitude, a proven record achieving goals and interest in a team-focused sales environment. A background managing or selling into the hospitality, health care, janitorial, institutional cleaning or institutional laundry industries, helpful. We seek candidates interested in continuing a career of success in sales growth and management. 20% overnight travel, required.
Sunburst Chemicals offers the opportunity to join a thriving and innovative industry leader. We offer a competitive compensation package including a base salary and bonus/commissions along with a car allowance, full benefits, a 401K program and profit sharing. Our entrepreneurial company culture stresses independent motivation, dedication and a team atmosphere.
For more information about our firm, visit our website: www.sunburstchemicals.com. To Apply: please forward your resume to our hiring resource, Red Seat: RSM1@redseat.com. Red Seat is not a recruiter or employment agency but a contract HR company assisting us in the hiring process. For more info, call Red Seat direct at (612)-405-2574. We will confirm receipt of your resume within two business days.