Product Engineer - Thriving Manufacturer
Bloomington MN 55420 USA
We are Sunburst Chemicals (www.sunburstchemicals.com) a Bloomington, MN multi-generation, family held manufacturer of industrial cleaning products and dispensers with a focus on environmental/green solutions. For over 90 years, we have followed our passion for helping customers succeed by bringing value through innovative solutions. We seek a Product Engineer to lead and execute product development, manufacturing efficiencies and training initiatives. This diverse and fast-paced position is integral to the success of our growing company.
Product Development and Support
· Collaborate with internal and external customers to understand product needs and develop product design changes
· Design product changes using SolidWorks
· Manage and implement product change orders
· Create and maintain detailed documentation including operating instructions, manuals and quality records
· Test prototype and system changes to determine effectiveness, limitations and required modifications.
· Identify, manage and maintain vendor relationships
· Design processes and procedures for manufacturing, production layouts for assemblies, assembly instructions, equipment installations, processing, machining and material handling
· Conduct product build/production cost savings reviews utilizing methodologies such as 5S and Continuous Improvement
· Train employees on product assembly
Product Training & Evaluation
· Write system operating instructions
· Train Technical Services department in use of new systems
· Monitor field testing on products
· Serve as a resource to production on vendor selection, product enhancements, assembly improvements and related items
Qualified candidates will have a bachelor’s degree in engineering and 5+ years of experience in mechanical design or manufacturing engineering or a combination of education and experience. Experience utilizing software that includes SolidWorks, publishing software, MS Office (Excel/Word), required. Highly qualified candidates will have product design/redesign & FEA stress analysis experience and hands-on skills working with production on product build, cost savings and continuous improvement. We seek candidates interested in working in a vibrant manufacturing company as the lead and only engineer. Sunburst Chemicals stresses independent motivation, dedication, respect and a team atmosphere. We offer a competitive salary, full benefits and a business-casual work environment.
Interested applicants please forward your information to our hiring resource, Red Seat. Red Seat is a retained recruiter assisting us in the hiring process. Send your resume via email to email@example.com or for more info, call Red Seat direct at (612)-405-2574. We will confirm receipt of your resume within two business days.
Sunburst Chemicals is an Equal Opportunity Employer