Senior Buyer / Planner - Manufacturing - Growth Oppty
Bloomington MN 55420 USA
Sunburst Chemicals, located in Bloomington, MN, is an industry leading manufacturer of cleaning and sanitation chemicals, specializing in solid detergent systems. For over 95 years, Sunburst has been a family owned and operated business. Building on our solid history, we are focused on growth. We seek a Senior Buyer / Planner for our Purchasing, Inventory and Materials Planning function. Our new Senior Buyer / Planner will work closely with Manufacturing and Supply Chain team to ensure accurate inventory, on-time delivery of parts and materials and to assist in special projects. Position Responsibilities include:
Buying, Material Planning:
- Review forecasts and production schedules for accuracy and discrepancies
- Initiate and expedite purchase orders to ensure timely product availability to meet production and customer requirements
- Review, produce and distribute planning and purchasing reports
- Develop relationships with vendors and negotiate favorable terms and pricing
- Ensure on-time receipt of and expedite materials as needed for customer requirements
- Create and release work orders to production floor and close-out upon completion
- Reconcile inventory balances and conduct weekly and monthly cycle counting
- Develop inventory control and purchasing strategies based on value, history, forecasting and special demands
- Establish and maintain inventory information on purchased and manufactured equipment and materials
We seek a motivated individual interested in a growing company and the opportunity to expand on solid buying and planning skills. Qualified candidates will have a Bachelors degree in Supply Chain, Business or related and 3+ years of Buying / Planning experience with a proven track record of on time orders and accurate inventory, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidates should bring a solid background in use of MRP/ERP, intermediate Excel skills, and have a successful track record of utilizing JIT, KanBan, Vendor Managed Inventory and/or Lean Manufacturing. APICS or related Certification helpful, but not required. Prior experience purchasing chemicals or hazardous materials preferred, but not required.
Sunburst Chemicals offers a competitive compensation package, including a 401K program, healthcare benefits and profit sharing. Our office is casual-dress work environment, with a culture that stresses independent motivation, dedication and a team atmosphere.
For more information about our firm, visit our website: www.sunburstchemicals.com. To Apply: please forward your resume to our hiring resource, Red Seat: email@example.com. Red Seat is not a recruiter or employment agency but a contract HR company assisting us in the hiring process. For more information, call Red Seat direct at (612)-405-2574. We will confirm receipt of your resume within two business days.
Sunburst Chemicals is an Equal Opportunity Employer