Logistics Specialist - Top comp + great environment + free food
St. Paul MN 55127 USA
We are Transport Distribution Services (www.tdsd.com), a 22-year-old, privately owned, innovative and committed provider of a wide range of transportation and logistics services. Located in St. Paul, MN we serve manufacturing and distribution companies throughout the Twin Cities metro area and across the U.S.A. To assist in our continued growth, we seek an experienced LTL Operation Representative in a role focused on client and carrier service.
Duties for this fast-paced position include:
- Coordinate freight with accuracy and attention to detail, entering information into our TMS
- Troubleshoot, re-route and schedule shipments
- Complete bills of lading for customer shipments
- Contact LTL & TL carriers and arrange for pick-ups
- Negotiate competitive TL freight rates
- Complete customer/carrier/supplier requests
- Audit load information for accuracy
- Inbound and outbound phone work related to shipment and carrier inquires
- Troubleshooting, re-routing and scheduling shipments
- Verbal and written communication with clients and carriers related to shipments and problem resolution
- Multi tasking of numerous demands and requests and constant re-prioritizing of tasks
The person we seek is an “outside of the box” thinker with a strong work ethic. Recent transportation operations experience (3PL, LTL, dispatch or trucking), or highly related experience, required. This position requires outstanding written and verbal communication skills, a high sense of urgency, computer & TMS experience, along with an occasional thick skin and patience working through urgent client matters. Transport Distribution Services offers a competitive salary along with health and dental coverage, HSA contribution, a 401K w/ matching, life insurance and paid vacation along with a team atmosphere and growth opportunities. Our small group team atmosphere is host to many company-provided lunches and fun extras like sporting event ticket drawings.
Interested applicants please forward your resume to our hiring resource, Red Seat. Red Seat is not a recruiter or employment agency but a contract HR company assisting us in the hiring process. Forward resumes to: TDS@redseat.com. For more info, call Red Seat direct at (612)-405-2574. We will confirm receipt of your resume within two business days.